Contact lenses help people improve their vision. If you are not careful, contact lenses can cause major eye problems. It is important to keep your eyes safe.
Talk to your eye doctor about keeping your eyes healthy and comfortable while you wear contacts.
- Follow your eye doctor’s directions on how to wear and clean your contacts.
- Wash and rinse your hands before touching your lenses.
- Use only contact lens solution to store or rinse your contacts.
- Get your doctor’s OK before using any new or different medicines.
- Put in your contacts before you use makeup. Take them out before removing makeup.
Take out your lenses and call your eye doctor right away if:
- Your vision changes
- Your eyes are red
- Your eyes hurt or feel itchy
- You have a lot of tears
Types Of Contact Lenses
- Disposable Lenses: Wear them for one day and then throw away.
- Daily Wear Lenses: Wear them for one day. Takethem out when you go to sleep or take a nap. Clean the lenses every day.
- Extended Wear Lenses: Wear up to 30 days and then throw away. Give your eyes a rest for at least one night. Then put in a new pair.
- Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses
Talk with your doctor to find the best cleaning, disinfecting and wearing schedule for you.